Sassicaia 2011 (Bolgheri)

How can a wine made from 85% Cabernet Sauvignon – the remainder is 15% Cabernet Franc – be this velvety, delicate and harmonised at such a young age?

The Wine Spectator – Rated 95 Points
“Ripe black cherry and blackberry flavors pick up accents of rosemary, mineral and spice in this red. Concentrated and intense, fresh and focused, leaning toward black currant and cedar notes on the solid finish. Racy midpalate. Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. “

James Suckling – Rated 94 points
“Wonderful aromas of freshly sliced coastal rosemary and currants follow through to a full body, with integrated tannins and a fine finish. This shows so much finesse and beauty. But there is a solid backbone of tannins and length. Reminds me of some of the underrated Sass of the 1980s such as 1982, 1983 or 1987. Try after 2018.”